Saturday, January 12, 2013

They're All Getting Older...

STOP! Stop I say. It's age rape; I just turned 29 in September but when I look at my date book, I see a bunch of friends turning 30. Facebook is the best place to age torture yourself because you can look at the birthdays in order. Some people I'm not friends with anymore but they are still there, turning 30 and letting me know that they have gotten to the party and my invitation is coming in the mail. The only thing worse is seeing the ages of friends who are eternally 22 turning 34. Maybe it is just the way the number looks or the old-fashioned traditions and stigmas it carried. 30 is fucking scary and there is no one who can convince me of any different. Oh, you're turning 40? Who gives a shit! You have already had hump birthdays so this should be no biggie. I'm still on appetizers and I am not ready for the full meal. I finally filled out my wall calender, yes I still have one, and  put my birthday up. I saw 30. I almost puked. They need age saltines!

No comments:

Post a Comment