Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Glamorous Mommyhood?

So I was reading an article in "Glamour" magazine some months ago and there was this list. The list was all about the things that you should know by the time you turn 30. I thought that all I needed to know was what my fake age would be. Apparently, I was wrong. Okay, so I know I've found my career which is super important. I have a good support system so anther check on my list. Then, they said that by 30, a woman should know how she feels about having children. In 4 years of college, we are supposed to know what we want to be for 60+ years an at 30, we should know if we want one or two lines on the stick. If you ask me, that is a bunch of bullshit. When we are searching for our contentment, those of us who really care, it may take a while to establish ourselves. And during this time, the idea of a child may not factor in to the plan. Honestly, I have no idea if I want to have children like ever and I am almost 30. So when I wake up on my birthday, I'll just know? It'll all suddenly be crystal clear? I don't think it works that way. What if by 30 you have not met your soul mate or your web site is your child? Why should I have to know in less than 9 months that I want to grow a baby for 9 months then raise it for 18+ years? Not everyone turns 30 with the same goals and ambitions. Hell, I'll be happy if I wake up with a smile on my face on my 30th birthday. Sheesh...the pressure!

No comments:

Post a Comment