Friday, December 14, 2012

Dear My Coffee Addiction...

My mom used to take me to Starbucks every Sunday when I was in high school. She'd order a venti drip while I'd always get hot chocolate; the thought of coffee was "ick"-ening to me. Anytime my friends and I had attempted to make coffee prior, we always used lots of milk, chocolate syrup and sugar. Would you like some coffee with your chocolate milk? Now, I wake up at 2a.m. craving the delicious beans that give me the jolt. In college, I would live on Dunkin Donuts iced coffee then specialty drinks when I worked at Starbucks as a barista. For my 29th birthday, my boyfriend bought me a Keurig and without it, I'd be a lost little coffee free puppy. Tonight, I was craving the cafe so much that despite being on cold medicine, I went out to get two flavored creamers and more sweet-n-low so that I could get my fix. I feel so much better now that I have my delicious cup of steaming hot coffee with Peppermint Mocha Coffee Mate, Sweet-n-Low and Fat Free whipped cream. This is like my 4th or 5th cup today. I wish I was still addicted to hot chocolate...

No comments:

Post a Comment